Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Math Work Stations Chapter 7

I love teaching geometry to students. I mainly use the Frog Street Press songs to help the students learn their shapes. We make many TLC art activities and talk about the shapes. We always end up singing about Suzy Square and how we can turn her into Cindy Circle by rounding the corners, etc. 






They love learning shapes and I use the Shape Song book and song from Heidi's Songs as a culminating activity. You can watch the YouTube video here: 




This is found on Heidi's Little Songs for Language Arts (which has many other wonderful songs and projects) and can be purchased here:




Ok, I am not making a commission from either one of these two, but I highly recommend them.


Here's a game that my kinder class really enjoyed last year. It is called Attribute Trains. You can download it by clicking on the picture below:


This game can also be differentiated by having them change 2 attributes before they play the next piece too. There is even an online game that you can play to include technology into the workstations and it can be found here:


For more great ideas, link up with Mrs. Patton

5 comments:

Karen LeBlanc said...

Love your Attribute Train Game and the online game, too. I'm always looking for great games using technology. Thanks for sharing :)

froggyfriendsfun.blogspot.com

Melissa Smith said...

very cute! thanks.
mrs-smithsroom.blogspot.com

Meredith said...

You're totally right-those TLC art activities teach our kids so much about shapes-never thought of it that way :)
Meredith
Keen on Kindergarten

Deedee Wills said...

I love your train game! These will get them thinking about the attributes and I bet my kiddos will love it! I also like the TLC art activities.
Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Mrs. Cowling said...

Fantastic game! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Post a Comment